Nine years ago today I married my best friend. I can't believe how fast time flies and yet it seems like just yesterday I met Ricky Joe David Jr. Because I have never actually wrote down the story I am going to share it here. I met Rick at college in Pocatello in October 1999 at my friend's apartment. We didn't exactly "hit it off that night." Three months later I got his number from my friend and called and invited him to have spaghetti. We continued to date through college. I very quickly knew that I loved Rick. I told him so while we were at the River in Idaho Falls. It was the same day that he took me home to meet his family. A few months later Rick took me to Ross Park and we were playing on the play yard. Rick started singing the song "it's Your Love" by Tim McGraw. We danced on top of the play equipment and then got in his truck to go back to my apartment. We were half way back and he turned the truck around and went back to the park. I couldn't figure out what he was doing. When we arrived he made me get out of the truck and took me back to the top of the play equipment and there told me that he loved me. We dated for a little over a year and on April 6, 2001 Rick proposed to me at Ross Park in the same way that he told me he loved me. We were married on June 29, 2001 and moved to Los Angeles. We spent a year in LA while Rick worked for a company down there and I spent the year sitting by the pool. We lived in a 5th Wheel Trailer and spent many days at the ocean. For me it was a year long honeymoon, Rick worked very hard that year and didn't quite get to enjoy it as much as me. We moved back to Idaho in May of 2002 and settled in Blackfoot where we have resided for eight years and will probably reside for the rest of our lives. Rick is truly my greatest and best friend. We spend countless hours together and enjoy doing pretty much everything together. Some of my fondest memories of the last nine years include:
• Sitting on the pier in Santa Monica watching the sunset (both while we lived in CA and on return visits)
• Admiring the work of God as we looked at the beautiful stars while sitting in our camp up Sawmill Canyon on our 7th Anniversary talking about how far we had come in seven years and where we thought we would be in seven more.
• Staying up for hours sanding the "old truck" to get it ready for paint and the Bear Lake car show. We are close to finishing our second "hot rod"
• Watching Rick work...this drives him crazy, but I am so amazed by his talent and love to watch his hands work as he builds and forms so many amazing things.
• Sitting on our back porch listening to the crickets and enjoying the cool nighttime breeze.
• The day our beautiful son and daughter were born.
• Watching Rick wakeboard behind the boat. This is where he truly relaxes and enjoys himself. The time we spend as a family on the boat is our favorite time.
• Four wheeler riding on our second anniversary up Kelly Canyon. I vividly remember how beautiful the wildflowers were.
• November 5, 2008...the day we were sealed in the Idaho Falls Temple for all time and eternity.
• Last Friday night we went out for our Anniversary and there was a huge lightening storm. We were driving the old truck and it started to pour. We quickly got to a gas station in Shelly and pulled under their carport. We went in and got an ice cream and sat on the cement barricade and watch the thunder and lightening storm. It was amazing.
I am such a lucky woman to be married to a man that loves and respects me. Rick you have made my life complete! Thank you for 9 amazing years!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- David and Company
- Sari, Rick, Harlee and Trayton. Happy family. Always running. Busy, busy, busy...

1 comment:
Congrats! I wish you would've posted a picture of your wedding! I love seeing wedding photos :)
Post a Comment