Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Where have the summer days gone?

Wow, I just realized how bad I have been at keeping up on my blog. I actually think about it all the time, but never find the time to do it. I think I finally have a few minutes to update on what we have been doing.

We spent the 4th of July in Montpelier with my family. Montpelier celebrated on the 3rd because the 4th was a Sunday. We love going to Montpelier because it is a nice small town parade and fireworks show. You don't have to stake off your spot on the grass days in advance in order to get a spot. The kids all had a great time being together. On the 4th we had all planned on being at home and recovering from the weekend. Instead, we all ended up at Dayna's house for the "Biggest Show in Idaho". The fireworks were great, but the after party was the best. We all stayed there until after midnight playing the "Just Dance" game on the wii and competing to see who the best dancer was. Dad cleaned house on "You gotta move it". We all laughed so hard I don't think we recovered for days.



In July we went camping with Dayna and Trevor up Summit View campground. Dayna and I grew up spending alot of time there and thought it would be fun to take our families to camp there. There is this awesome stage that the kids can play on. They loved it. The kids made T-shirts to wear while we were camping. We named our camp "Camp Big Foot" and they each made a shirt that represented their idea of camp big foot. It was so much fun. After we loaded up the campers we decided to go fishing. We tried fishing on the creek on my Grandma Gloria's farm, but didn't have any success. We instead went up to the fishing pond and Trayton caught his first fish. He was so proud and excited and told Uncle Trevor that he could eat it. Since this trip he has become quite the little fisherman. He can cast his own pole and has actually brought quite a few fish in on it.



We spent some time camping this summer and a little time on the horses. The kids got really good at riding their little 4-wheelers. Harlee can now ride hers all alone and does a great job of steering and paying attention to where she is going. Trayton can't quite steer his yet, but is good at running the throttle.


Mainly, summer time at our house means one thing and one thing only...BOATING. We spent as much time as possible on the water and soaking up the summer sun. We were again blessed with many beautiful nights of smooth water. Rick is getting really good on his board and almost mastered a 360. He is getting up the guts to try a back flip but didn't quite get there. We took one trip to Bear Lake which was a ton of fun. We had a ton of people join us (Levi & Lisa, Casey & Erin, Mark & Lacey, Mom & Dad, Dayna & the Boys, Erin's parents, Casey's mom and nephews, and Colby & Shelby.) It was so much fun. The water at Bear Lake is never smooth, but it was a fantastic day. After much coaxing and bribing we got Harlee, Keyton & Shelby to try out waterskiing and they were both successful and loved it. Trayton had tried earlier in the summer and though he is brave enough, I decided he was a little to small and that he would have to wait until next year. At Bear Lake, Mark taught 6 kids how to waterski. It was awesome. My dad also learned how to surf which was a huge accomplishment for him. He has been trying to wakeboard ever since we got the boat and couldn't figure out how to get up. He got right up on the surfboard and did awesome. Wakeboarding should be easy for him now. We also talked Colby into wakeboarding (something I have been trying to get him to do for years). He got right up and was a natural. It was such a fantastic trip. Summer for us is enjoyed on the water and loved by all in our family. We always are so sad when the last trip of the year comes around.





After seeing the above picture of myself (the fishing one) I was revolted by the way I looked and decided it was time to do something about it. In August I started to diet really faithfully and am happy to report that I am 25lbs lighter today. I still have a ways to go, but this is a huge accomplishment for me as I struggle losing weight.

Harlee started Kindergarten this year and is so excited about it. She is doing really good. Our school system went to full day kindergarten so she goes on Tuesday and Thursday all day. This is such a long day for her, but she is loving every minute of it. She started school in late August. She is ahead for her age and is already starting to sound out and read simple books. She is such a smart little girl and really loves school (even the homework).


Trayton is also starting preschool this year. He is very lonesome here without Harlee around and was so excited to start school this week. He was so proud of himself that he got to use scissors and glue. I can't believe how fast he is growing.


Today my house smells of fall scents, the leaves are starting to turn, the grain in the fields is all harvested, potatoes are starting to come out of the ground, and the water is freezing cold. This must mean that fall is upon us. I am sad to see summer go, but do love this time of the year. I need to make sure I get up the canyon to see the beautiful fall leaves before they are gone. Happy Fall Y'all!

2 comments:

Joddi said...

Looks like a fun summer!

Mom Higgins said...

Where does summer go? Good times had by all.

About Me

Sari, Rick, Harlee and Trayton. Happy family. Always running. Busy, busy, busy...