HARLEE---Harlee graduated from preschool this year and will be going to Kindergarten. Harlee loved going to preschool at Keann's and is really going to miss it. Keann and Cassie do such a great job with the kids. For their "preschool graduation" the kids each got a caterpillar and got to let it turn into a butterfly and let it go at the graduation picnic. We are so proud of you Harlee and can't believe how fast she is growing.
TRAYTON---Potty Trained??? Well almost. We started working with Trayton on the potty in March. He has done a really good job. His dad told him that he had to keep his big boy underwear clean and dry for two weeks and he could pick a toy. When we decided to start we bought him some McQueen underwear. This was the trick. I showed them to him and told him that we would put them on in the morning. He was so excited that he had to sleep with them. The next morning we put them on and as I guessed he would he peed in them. This devastated him because he ruined McQueen. He very quickly figured out that he didn't want to to that anymore. For his toy Trayton picked a big boy bike and got it on Easter Weekend. He hasn't exactly kept his pants dry since then, but is still doing pretty good. Potty training is such a tricky thing. He does really good for mom, but tends to not do so well for others. He is very shy about his boy parts, which has been part of the challenge of having others take him. That seems to have changed. The other day I kept catching him in the bathroom with his pants around his ankles and "trying" to pee standing up. He did this twice on his own. When I went in the bathroom he wasn't using a stool and had gone pee all over my bathroom. I tried to show him how to use a stool and he said he didn't need it and that he was a big boy and did it all by himself. He was so proud. I am not sure how you deal with that and I am not sure how we go from one extreme to the next. Needless to say, we hope he continues to do good. He is such a big boy.

1 comment:
very cute. I loved all the pictures of your trip and you too got to see the yuka plant. Did you know it was called that? I love you guys so much and having you as my sister and friend is one thing that makes me truly happy. Love you
Post a Comment