We hope you all enjoyed Christmas as much as we did. On Christmas Eve, we were able to go to my mom's house. I have only missed one Christmas Eve there in my whole life and I just love the whole event. I absolutely love having my whole family together. We were missing Trevor this year because he had to work, and we really wished he could have been with us. We spent the evening chatting, laughing (especially at Nic's Raindar Hat) and enjoying each other's company. The kids all got to open their presents from Grandpa Steve and Grandma Kris and Grandma Gloria. They loved everything they got. The evening ended with my favorite part and that was hearing my dad read Twas the Night Before Christmas. We then headed home to beat the storm.

Christmas morning was a blast. We had a storm move in during the night and lost power. We had to get up and cover the kids up so they would stay warm and then Rick and I sat by the fire in the family room waiting for the kids to wake up. They got up around 7:30. They loved all of their presents and had a ball opening them. Trayton surprised me how much he got into opening the presents. He sat in his Cars chair that Harlee gave him and made Rick open each present and then he would get so excited and play with it. Harlee couldn't open hers fast enough and was so excited about each one. Harlee got a doll house from Santa and Trayton got a Tonka truck. We ended up getting snowed in and they closed the roads all around the state. Rick's mom wasn't able to make it for dinner. We missed having them here. Rick and Harlee built a snowman and played outside while I cooked dinner. Nic and Melissa joined us for dinner and games. It was a fantastic day. We hope yours was as memorable as ours.


5 comments:
Sounds like a great time. My Christmas cards didn't work, so I didn't send any. Hope all is well and best wishes for the new year.
Thank you so much for the goodie bag! Sorry we missed seeing all of you. Hopefully next trip! Happy New Year!
It looks like you guys had a fun time! and HOLY COW I cant belive Trayton just turned 1! I hope he had a good birthday, and you guys had a good holiday!
Looks like you had a fun Christmas! I haven't checked forever! Congrats on going through the temple. I bet it was such a special day!
Sounds like fun! I love Christmas Eve- even better than Christmas day:)
Post a Comment