Tuesday, April 20, 2010

True Happiness

Are you truly happy...not just life is great, things are going ok, but TRULY HAPPY. I can answer with a very strong YES. I have been thinking about this concept alot lately and thinking about what makes us truly happy. Happy in our lives, in our marriages, in our parenthood, in our jobs, in our souls, in our everything. This happiness cannot be bought with money, or given to us through material possessions. This happiness is found deep in the soul. I have so many things that bring true happiness to my soul. Here are just a few that have affected me recently:
--When my husband walks through the door and I hear the kids go running to him with great big hugs.
--Looking out my window of my home at the beautiful country that God has given to me. It stops me in my tracks quite often and takes my breath away.
--Hearing my kids laugh at each other. They are their own greatest fans.
--Watching my kids wrap their arms around each other in a great big hug.
--Feeling peace and security and knowing that it WILL be ok.
--The warmth of the sun shining on my face and warming my body after a long winter.
--Seeing things start to turn green. It is a great reminder of new growth.
--Hearing Rick tell me that he loves me and KNOWING that it is not just something he is saying, but is something he truly means with all of his heart.
--Knowing that I am one of the lucky ones that has true love and respect in my marriage.
--Kneeling on the front room rug each night in prayer with our family and then getting great big hugs after.
--Hearing all of Harlee's great stories and dreams.
--Snuggling with Trayton each morning when he wakes up.
--Dry underwear on a 27 month old kiddo.
--Strapping on a waterski and jumping into the lake for the first time each year (even in April) and feeling the rush as I cut across the water. The greatest joy this outing brings to me is watching the smile on Rick's face as he wakeboards. He looks so at ease and worry free. Watching Harlee as she sits in the bow of the boat with the wind blowing in her hair cheering everyone on and hearing Trayton say it is his turn to ski and that he just wants to keep riding in the boat. This fulfills my desire of owning a boat, it is ALL about the family time.
--Knowing deep in my soul that my Heavenly Father and Jesus KNOW ME and LOVE ME.

Yes I am TRULY HAPPY and I hope you all can find the same kind of happiness for yourselves.

1 comment:

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

I needed this today...thank you for the gentle reminders of just how blessed we are.

About Me

Sari, Rick, Harlee and Trayton. Happy family. Always running. Busy, busy, busy...