We have been having such a great summer...I bet you thought we fell off of the face of the earth. Some pics are below to go with the update sorry if they are out of order with the update:
Boating...what can I say...it doesn't get better than this. We have been trying to hit the water as much as possible. Casey & Erin bought a boat this summer and we have really been enjoying their company and craziness on the water. I laugh so hard everytime we are with them. I attempted to catch my first "big air" I got off the water a few feet and the aftermath was a little interesting.
The start of the summer we went to Mesa Falls and to Nic & Melissa's cabin. It was lots of fun, but snowed on us in June.
The middle of June we went camping with Rick's mom and Bill. It was interesting getting us all there in one piece, but we had fun once we all arrived. We went fishing and 4-wheeling. Rick caught a 3lb fish on Harlee's 2 foot pole. What a sight that was. The weather got bad and so we went to Virginia City & Nevada City. I had never been there before so that was really fun. We rode a little train which the kids thought was great and got to walk around the ghost towns...
Rick and I decided to take the kids to Yellowstone Park. Neither of us had been through the park since 1989. We had a great time. We saw lots of animals: bear, buffalo, elk, bald eagle, coyote, and lots of birds. We saw tons of waterfalls, which are just amazing. The kids had a great time. Trayton spent most of his time in "the pack" hitching a ride on his dads back. Harlee hiked like a champ and had to carry her baby in her backpack because that is what dad was doing. Harlee hiked the whole time in her cowboy boots because we couldn't find her tennis shoes. It seems like everywhere we go the kids draw attention. This one guy saw us at Canyon and kept commenting on how cute the kids were. As we were leaving he asked us if we wanted to sell them. We laughed and said somedays...he started walking really slowly and said he would just hang out until we decided to let him take them. Everywhere we went people commented on how cute they were and how cute Trayton's hat was...
In June we had massive amounts of rain fall. The storms came in daily and by the 16th of June we had 4x the amount of average rainfall and only one day without measurable moisture. The river in town was flowing at maximum capacity for quite awhile and several times the parking lots had 2 feet of water in them. It was a strange sight. The crops have really suffered this year because of all of the rain. Several of our friends have had really bad losses.
Seth Reddish was born on June 24th and we were all so excited to meet him. Harlee & Trayton love their new cousin. He is such a sweetheart.
We spent the 4th of July in Bear Lake this year. Brakken had his 1st birthday party on the 3rd of July. It was so much fun. He had a pirate party...the kids all loved it. I don't think I have ever seen a better looking group of pirates.
The 4th of July was filled with great small town fun. We went to the parade and the fireworks. I love spending the 4th of July in BL...nothing better than a small town show.
Rick has done several car shows this year. He got to cruise to one with a group of 6 guys. I was so jealous that I had to come behind in the Yukon...we need to get the hot rod done so we have something we can all fit into. Rick put the truck in the BL car show in July. Nic and Melissa came down along with a few other Blackfoot guys. Mom put her mustang in the show. It was so much fun. One of our friends won the best of show, so his car will be on the t-shirt for next year.
We bought a new camper in July and thought we should try it out. We took the kids, dog, and 4-wheelers camping. The dirt was like a fine powder and the kids had a grad time playing in it. Harlee really loved driving her 4-wheeler and Trayton thought he was so big. While they were stopped Harlee would practice grabbing her brakes and learning the parts of her 4-wheeler and Trayton would practice his wicked tricks...typical boy.
Well that is a brief update (although it seems like a novel). We have had a great summer!!! More to come I am sure.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- David and Company
- Sari, Rick, Harlee and Trayton. Happy family. Always running. Busy, busy, busy...




1 comment:
Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment