Sunday, July 6, 2008
Our 4th of July
Well our 4th of July weekend didn't go quite as planned. We were taking off to see Rick's mom on the 3rd and had some truck problems. We were only a few miles from home, so Rick unloaded the 4-wheeler and went to get some tools. About ten minutes after he left he called me and had rolled the 4-wheeler. The front end seized up on him and flipped him over the front and landed on him. I got a friend to him pretty quickly and then arranged for transportation for myself and the kids. The ambulance met Rick and Shane half way to town. He ended up breaking both bones in his leg and having to have surgery. He has 7 screws and a plate in his leg. I was able to bring him home from the hospital today. He is doing alright, but is in quite a bit of pain. Harlee was so sweet, when I told her she said "mommy I'm not freaking out" and I said "well I am". She sat quietly in the back seat while I made some calls and then said, "does this mean I won't have a daddy anymore?" It broke my heart. I quickly reassured her that he would be fine and she said "oh that's good because that would be really bad". What a girl. She was able to go to my mom and dad's and spend the 4th so she could see some fireworks. Thanks to all of you who have visited. We love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- David and Company
- Sari, Rick, Harlee and Trayton. Happy family. Always running. Busy, busy, busy...

7 comments:
that is too bad. i sure hope that rick will be ok. tell hime best of luck and you hang in there too.
Oh that sucks! Hope he gets better soon. I'm glad that Harlee got to spend time with your parents to see the fireworks.
Tell him he is in our thoughts and our prayers we love you guys very much and we will see you VERY soon... Xoxo
Brandon Tessa Brakken
I still can't believe this happened. I think I freaked out more than you. That was really scary. I feel so bad for Rick but it will all work out. Just wanted you to know I'm still thinking about you. I will bring dinner out once I know Keyton is in the clear. Love you guys.
Your poor hubby! What a terrible start to the holiday. I am so glad he is okay.
We were so sad to hear that this happend, but we did enjoy Harlee! Wow, Ryder absolutley LOVED her. He was following her around and being her little shadow. They were so funny together. We are still thinking about you and hope to see you soon! Love Ya!
Oh my gosh, that is horrible! Your little girl sounds so sweet, though! I hope you all hang in there!!
Post a Comment