Monday, December 3, 2012

The BIG NEWS

Well I haven't posted for awhile...not because we didn't have anything to post....just because I was waiting.  We found out in October that Baby #3 is on it's way to the David Family and we couldn't be more excited.  Because of my last pregnancy and my miscarriage the Dr has been watching us very carefully and we decided to keep in on the "down low" for a little while.  I will be 11 weeks on Wednesday and so far so good.  We have had 3 ultrasounds and have seen the heartbeat in 2 of the three (the first one was too early).  That little thump thump makes my heart so happy.  The kids are so extremely excited.  They have known the whole time and have been very good about keeping our secret.  Harlee of course wants a girl and Trayton is hoping for a boy.  Here are two funny stories from each of their prospectives:

Harlee tells her primary teacher that we are having a baby and Rhonda asks her what she wants it to be and Harlee says : "Well that is where the problem lies....I want a sister and Trayton wants a brother and my mom says this is the last kid so one of us going to be disappointed"  She then tells Rhonda that "if it is a brother that is ok because since I was 1 year old I have had an imaginary sister named Curly so I guess that will still work."  Rhonda tried her hardest to explain that it isn't mommy's choice what we have it is up to Heavenly Father....I am still not sure she bought into that though.  They keep begging me to choose sides.

Trayton says to me the other day at lunch.  "Mommy it is ok if our baby is a sister cause Harlee really wants a sister and she already told me that I am her favorite and that I still will be her favorite even if it is a sister".  How sweet is that?

Both of the kids have been very concerned this time about it "working out".  They both have had alot of questions about why the last one didn't "work out".  One day we were driving in the car and Trayton asked me if it was "working out" and I told him that things were still looking good and he says "Mommy I think Jesus was up there in Heaven holding our baby from last time and decided that maybe we really did need it and and threw it right into your belly".  I had to take and minute and gain my composure before I told him that I thought he was right.   He is so sweet.  His concern is amazing for a little 4 year old.

I am glad they are both excited and and so grateful to our Father in Heaven that everything is going ok.  Our due date is June 26th, but the baby will likely be born a week before due to a c-section.  We can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats! That is great news!

About Me

Sari, Rick, Harlee and Trayton. Happy family. Always running. Busy, busy, busy...