A little over a month ago our friend Diana asked Rick if he wanted to join their team and run in the Grand Teton Relay. It is a team made up of 12 runners and they cover 180 miles in 28 hours. Rick agreed to do this. Keep in mind that Rick has not run since High School and even then he was a short distance runner. Several of his friends from school were going to run so he decided to join them. He didn't have very long to train. They took off from Ashton, ID on Friday morning around 11:30 and finished in Teton Village, WY Saturday around 3:00 pm. They finished 45 minutes ahead of their projected time and would have been faster if the race officials wouldn't have held them up at one of their transitions. Rick ran three different legs of the race and was runner 6 He ran 13.93 miles total. He even had to run in the middle of the night down a gravel trail with only 2 1/2 hours of sleep. The team covered the Ashton Pass, the Pass into Targee, and the Teton Pass, which are all HUGE mountains. The team had a great time and had lots of fun. I went over and volunteered at the finish line so I could watch them finish. I am very proud of Rick for accomplishing this. Him and his team amaze me.
Course Map
Team Brand Makers
On The Course
Rick with his medal
Sporting their medals
After the run feast
3 comments:
Good job Rick. Isn't it impressive the things you do when I tell you "you can't do that are you crazy?!?
can I say ouch...that must have been tough, but way to go!
That is awesome! Way to go Rick!! Sari are you in for next year?
Post a Comment