Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Catching Up (click on the pictures to make them larger)

We took the time this Christmas season to go the the Idaho Falls Temple Visitor Center with Casey & Erin and their family. It was so neat to take the kids there.


We spent Christmas Eve at my mom and dad's house. These are some shots of the darling Higgins grandchildren. We are missing a picture of Brakken. He didn't want to have a photo moment. We had so much fun on Christmas Eve and I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Christmas morning was so fun this year with the kids. They had a great time opening presents and playing with their new toys. Harlee told Rick and I that we had to go to bed as soon as she did or Santa wouldn't come. Trayton was funny on Christmas morning because he played with Harlee and her stuff for awhile and then I see him dragging Harlee across the floor by her belt loop saying "Play trucks with me". I guess he thought he had done his duty playing with her and that the favor needed returned. We had Christmas dinner with Rick's mom and Bill. It was a wonderful day.

Fancy fun...Harlee got a new skirt, which automatically makes her spin and jump and twirl like a fancy dancer. She was having fun showing off her skirt and Trayton thought he should join in the fun as well.

We haven't had much snow this year, but we did get one day that gave us some pretty good snow to play in. The kids had a great time and so did mommy.

Trayton turned two on January 3rd. We had a farm birthday party for him. It was so much fun. He loved his new barn that we got him. He thought he needed to sit in the middle of the fence to play. It was so cute. Trayton is such a funny little two year old (most of the time). He is talking very well and is doing his best to be big like his sissy. He loves to play trucks, farm, and loves to see the horses. He is such a darling little guy and we all love him so much.

For Trayton's birthday he got some "Color Wonder" finger paints. Can I just say that whoever invented color wonder is "THE MAN." I would probably not let me kids finger paint otherwise. They were so funny because they started out very sparingly and by the end Trayton had completely covered his page in color and had "paint" in his hair and all over his body. Lucky for me it didn't make a huge mess...thus the "wonder" in "color wonder..."
One of the things I remember from my childhood is being pulled behind the horse in a sleigh. I don't think I have ever mentioned this to Harlee, but the other day she asked me if I could take her for a sleigh ride behind the horse. Rick is out of town so I told her that maybe we could have Grandpa help us do that while we were visiting. Grandpa was very excited to take the kids and it was so much fun. The kids rode for a good hour and probably would have stayed all day. I want to find the pictures of me doing this as a child. Same road, same great time, just different kids and a different horse. I love passing on traditions to my children. I hope they NEVER forget this day.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

It looks like you had a fun Christmas. I've never heard of being pulled behind a horse. That's awesome. In our home we were always pulled behind the 4-wheeler or truck.:)

Garling Ranch said...

Love your pictures! I am so glad you posted a link to this on facebook! Send me your email address so I can invite you to our blog too! This is a great way to keep in touch!
-Kaylee Garling

Robbie & Jamie Burnham Family said...

LOVE this post. Christmas pics are great and I especially love the ones of the kids by the Christus and the sleigh behind the horse. I'm big on traditions, too, and I love it when Brandt loves the same things I did when I was little.

Stephanie.Fitness said...

What a cute lil Family you've got Sari! Glad to hear that you had a great Christmas!

Skinner Family said...

yay the skirt fits and looks great on her. my girls do the same thing when they put theirs on. dance and twirl like princesses!!! It was good seeing you guys!!!

About Me

Sari, Rick, Harlee and Trayton. Happy family. Always running. Busy, busy, busy...